The purpose of the Student Manager Program is to develop qualified managers from among our student employees. It is designed to give students who are currently working with Sodexo a chance to move into supervisory roles and gain valuable experience that can help them throughout their careers, even possibly with Sodexo!
Some of the basic responsibilities of a Student Manager may include:
- Assisting the management team as directed and according to unit needs.
- Hiring, training, evaluating and supervision of student employees.
- Controlling student labor costs.
- Ensuring compliance with Sodexo and account operating standards and procedures
Some of the duties for the Student Manager my include:
- Supervising part-time student employees, including but not limited to:
- Dress code
- Performance and public relations
- Student application procedures (W-4 and I-9 forms, safety forms, uniforms, etc.)
- Fill staffing tables and all open shifts
- Maintain high standards in food presentation and presentation areas
- Being a liaison between customer and management. Relaying information of various natures to the appropriate management team.
- Managing and monitoring staffing and labor. Ensuring proper substitution procedures are in place and followed.
- Assisting in the management of all service items and china/silver to assure adequate quantities are available to our customers throughout the meal.
- Maintaining Health and Safety procedures throughout the meal.
- Monitoring and maintaining sanitation and housekeeping procedures from meal to meal.
- Management of safety procedures, including documenting and reporting all incidents/accidents.
- Assisting management in all phases of operation including resident dining, retail, and catering as needed.
- Understanding the basic operation of equipment and training employees in its use.
- Understanding all cash handling procedures.
- Planning, organizing, and executing ongoing student employee training sessions.
- Assisting in-unit opening and closedown periods, including set-up and clean up.
Of course, this work also comes with some great perks including shift meals, preferred scheduling and could end up being the start of a great Sodexo career. Interested? Want to know more?
To apply, please contact Our General Manager with a short letter explaining why you would like to be a Student Manager and copy of your current resume.